Law of Attraction
The Law of Attraction says: "We achieve what we conceive and believe".
In other words you first need to dream, then you need to believe that
you will achieve your dream from the depths of your soul and then you
will achieve your dreams.
I highly recommend
you get your child started on creating their own
So what is a
Okay, a vision board is a board that you create a collage on with
drawings of the different goals that your child would like to achieve
They can hang this on their wall in their bedroom somewhere where they
will see it on a regular basis.
I suggest hanging it in front of their desk or even attach it to their
ceiling above their beds. If they have their own bathrooms then I
suggest hanging their visionboard opposite their toilet so that while
they visit this important room on a continuous basis they can digest
Here are some steps on how to help your child create his or her own
- Plan a special time to sit down as a family.
- Have each family member make a list of all the goals
they would like to achieve or have or be. Here are some questions that
may help your child to come up with some of his or her visions:
- What kind of house would you like to live in?
- What kind of car would you like to drive?
- What kind of clothes would you like to wear?
- What places would you like to visit?
- Would you like to have a private jet or space ship?
- What kind of boat would you like to have?
- Who would you like to meet?
- Who are the people you would like to hang out with?
- What about your body, how healthy would you like to
- Are there any sports you would like to be good at?
- Are you interested in the arts, is there anything
that you would like
to achieve there?
- What kind of person would you like to be? Would you
like to be more
confident? - Would you like to be more kind?
- How much money would you like to be earning every
- Which charities would you like to make a huge
- How many children would you like to have?
- How many and what kind of pets would you like to
- What does your future spouse look like and what
of character is he/she?
- Now get some old magazines or look online for
photos (just make sure to set the search engine to ’safe search’ mode
first before asking
for any photos or else you may have your child seeing photos that you
would otherwise not like them to see.) I recommend using www.google.com
- Let your child have some fun being creative and
encourage them to
- Now choose a spot to hang the board where your
child is most likely
to see it many, many times a day.
- Every morning have a look at your child's vision
board and go over
their goals by having them say out loud,
“I am so happy
and grateful now that I have ....built my dream house.... and/or....filled
my closet with the most beautiful clothes....and/or....I am the
player on my school's baseball team....helped 50 people on my favourite
charity by giving them the opportunity to eat healthy food....etc.”
The key is to have them say it as if they have already accomplished
their goals and dreams.
They need to make their subconscious minds believe that their goals
have already been achieved to make it become a reality. No one is ever
successful until they absolutely believe from the depths of their souls
that they are a success already!
It's amazing how this simple vision board can make your child's dreams
It serves as a constant reminder of why they are doing what they are
doing to achieve their dreams. It will help them keep their focus when
rough days approach.
I highly recommend that you also create your own vision board.
Being a role model really makes a huge impact on your child. They will
take their vision boards much more seriously if you also have one. And
it's fun to see your dreams as if they have already happened!
I recently found an Australian website, www.CreateYourOwnMindMovie.com
have created a system for you to make your vision boards turn into a
that really makes your dreams come to life!
I have used them to create my own mind movie which I watch every
when I wake up and every evening before I go to bed. The movies use
photos and emotional music that really bring your dreams to your heart
to watch my own
personal mind movie
As you can see in my mind movie above, I created that one for my whole
family, my kids love seeing their new bedrooms and are constantly
asking me to watch our mind movie.
My 6 year old daughter has even come up with a business plan because
she wants to have a water bed, so she's decided to start up her own
face painting business to pay for it!
The power of the law of attraction and the usage of vision boards and
mind movies is absolutely incredible.
Have fun, and let me know how successful your own vision board and mind
Cheers.....Amanda van der Gulik.....Excited
I'd love to see your suggestions on my blog
as serious about Teaching Your Child About Money and money
habits as we are, make sure you sign up for our course